Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a Twenty11 home?

Once you have been assessed by the council as having a need for social housing, you can register on the Bucks Home Choice website. Based on your needs, you will be placed on the housing register and have the opportunity to bid for suitable homes. More details about the process of bidding is on the Bucks Home Choice website. If you go on to bid to live in a Twenty11 home, you will need to complete the Twenty11 pre-registration process. Without completing it, you won’t be able to apply for a Twenty11 home. Successful completion of this process lasts for 3 months, after which time you will need to refresh your application.

To apply for a Twenty11 home:

1) Register on the Council’s local lettings system, Bucks Home Choice

2) Complete our Twenty11 pre-registration process

Bids on Twenty11 homes will not be considered if you have not completed our pre-registration process

 STEP 1 v2              STEP 2


How do you decide on the rent I will pay?

We’ll set your rent based on the income of your household, so that you have a rent you can afford. The rent will stay the same unless your circumstances change significantly, such as if your household changes or you experience something life changing. In some situations, this might mean we offer you a lower rent for a short period. Either way, keep us up to date with your family situation and we can discuss the rent with you should things change.

What is the Community Potential Specialist?

Our Community Potential Specialist is available to work with you to understand what you want to achieve, what you believe your potential is, and what you think the barriers are which prevent you from realising it.

The Community Potential Specialist will then work with you to draw up a Personal Success Plan and work together to achieve it – including identifying where partner organisations can provide services to meet specific needs, for example:

  • Securing work experience placements
  • Finding volunteering or community involvement opportunities
  • Helping to enhance CV’s or applications
  • Providing mentoring or coaching
  • Help with maximising income/improving finances
  • Helping with interviews and being ‘interview ready’

Read more about the Community Potential Specialist.

If I live in another Housing Association home, can I apply for a transfer?

No – Twenty11 tenancies are different from those of other housing associations (including Red Kite’s) and therefore different rights and obligations apply, so transfers are not possible.

Will my tenancy be renewed at the end of its term?

This will depend on your behaviour and the outcome of our assessments that will take place throughout your tenancy, based on things such as whether you have kept to your tenancy conditions, is your home still suitable for your needs, and also your points on your Tenancy Sustainment Licence. How you and your household behave is therefore critical to our decision as to whether you will continue as a Twenty11 tenant.

How do you review my tenancy and make a decision?

We will carry out regular assessments throughout your tenancy and will take into account whether you have kept to your tenancy conditions and your points on your Tenancy Sustainment Licence, including for both positive and negative behaviours. If you don’t agree with a decision about your tenancy, you may be able to go through our appeals process.

Can I exchange my property with another Twenty11 home, or that of another housing provider (a mutual exchange)?

No – Twenty11 tenants cannot do this as a mutual exchange is a right only open for tenants of local authorities or housing associations that are Registered Providers.

Can I add or remove someone to/from my tenancy?

A Twenty11 sole tenancy cannot be changed to a joint one. However, we will consider such requests at the end of the tenancy term if the intention is to grant a new tenancy. In exceptional circumstances, we may allow a joint tenancy to become a sole tenancy. This can be done by a Court Order made, for example, during proceedings of divorce, separation or dissolution of a civil partnership. In these circumstances, a Deed of Assignment must be completed and signed by both joint tenants, and a copy of the Court Order must be attached to the Deed of Assignment.

Can I appeal a decision about points that are given on my Tenancy Sustainment Licence?

If you don’t agree with our decision, please get in touch to discuss – as hopefully we can resolve it quickly and informally with you.  If there is continued dissatisfaction, our tenants have an opportunity to request a formal review of certain decisions if they feel that it has not been fair, reasonable or made in line with our policies. For further details, see our Appeals process.

Who is the ‘Realising Potential’ approach for and can I apply?

Our ‘Realising Potential’ programme is designed for Twenty11 customers who pay rent that is lower than market rent.

During the pilot period (the first six months) you will have at least one meeting with our Community Potential Specialist. After that, it’s up to you whether you want to take part. It’s also open to almost everyone living in a Twenty11 home, our tenants, their partners and dependants, but not those staying on a temporary basis e.g. visiting or market rent homes as above.

How do I sign up for the ‘Realising Potential’ approach?

Within the first few weeks of moving into your new Twenty11 home, a meeting will be arranged with the Community Potential Specialist, who will visit your home to welcome you to Twenty11 and the ‘Realising Potential’ approach.

The Community Potential Specialist will discuss and help you draw up your Personal Success Plan, which sets out your goals and aspirations, as well as the steps you will take to get there. It will also set out what help and support Twenty11 and partner organisations will provide to help you realise your potential.

How often do we have to meet/speak?

You and the Community Potential Specialist will agree how regularly you will need to contact each other or meet, based on what is in your Personal Success Plan. This can be up to six meetings, unless otherwise agreed in your Personal Success Plan.

How long does the support last for?

As long as the Community Potential Specialist believes we can help make a measurable, meaningful difference and you are committed to your Personal Success Plan. This can be up to six months and will need to be identified through your Personal Success Plan progress updates.

How do you prevent someone becoming reliant on the Community Potential Specialist service?

The Community Potential Specialist will use their professional judgement to review whether any further meaningful difference can be made by continuing to work with someone. The service is not a continuous one with no end. As the approach grows, we will introduce more tools and resources for customers to ‘self-coach’, as well as being able to access a ‘community’ of peers via a Facebook group of previous participants. The programme won’t be reliant on the Community Potential Specialist being the only way of taking part.

How will you measure success?

Over time, we will be able to see, through anonymised case studies, how customers living in Twenty11 homes have improved their individual circumstances. As numbers increase, we hope to see changes in communities, with increased community activity and peer support, a reduction in anti-social behaviour and sustainment of tenancies.

What if I don’t follow through on my Personal Success Plan?

The Community Potential Specialist may change your Personal Success Plan with you, or may stop working with you if you aren’t committed to following through with the Personal Success Plan. It is possible that they start working with you again once you have made progress to move your Personal Success Plan forward.

Will there be a time limit on accessing the Realising Potential programme after the trial?

No, the programme can be accessed at any time as long as there is a need for it and you are willing to work for what you want.